As a lot of you might have heard there is a strong movement rising called Meatless Mondays. I thought that I would like to do my part by posting a meatless recipe every Monday for you all to enjoy.
This week I’m showcasing a Cauliflower, Garbanzo Bean, and Spinach Curry. It is super easy to make and one of my staple go-to dinners. I am a huge fan of cauliflower and am always trying to incorporate it as a main ingredient in my veggie dishes as it is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, dietary fiber, B6, riboflavin and folic acid.
Many people get concerned with their protein intake when eating meatless, but have no fear, garbanzo beans (chickpeas to you New Yorkers) have an amazing 15g of protein in one cup!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use safflower)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 cups small cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2 15 1/2-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 14-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 12 oz organic spinach
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in curry powder and stir 20 seconds.
- Add cauliflower and garbanzo beans; stir 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and coconut milk; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil gently until cauliflower is tender and liquid thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and let it wilt just slightly
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe serves about 6. If it’s just me and Mike, I’ll cut the ingredients in half and still will have some leftover for lunch the next day! I served the curry this night with couscous and a side dinner salad that had bell peppers and avocados.
So check back here every Monday and start your week off right by joining us in Meatless Mondays!
That looks delicious! Too bad Monday is almost over at this part of the globe – maybe I’ll try to make it next week.
Hi Elgin! You’re so right, where are my manners?! I’ll make sure to try to be more time sensitive to my European friends! Hope you’re well!
I looked up garbanzos and cauliflower, and your blog popped up with this great looking recipe. I’m making it tonight — thanks!
Hi Tammy! So happy you found us! Let me know how your curry turns out. Happy cooking!